-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew
Austin
Sent: Saturday, 7 January 2006 12:06
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] PLEASE READ: CHECKPOINT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUCKS

If I can suggest anything for you, use the Nokia  support, they are
excellent, and have never posed a problem support  wise for my
organization. Checkpoint support is notorious for being BAD!

cisco4ng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I sincerely hope someone from
checkpoint management read this forum.
I opened a TAC case with checkpoint regarding a Provider-1 issue and
RSA issue.
  Nobody from Checkpoint contacted me after two days of opening the TAC
case.
  When I called checkpoint TAC regarding the case, they put me on hold
for over
2 hours and I finally hung up out of frustration. This is not the first time this has happened to me regarding
checkpoint TAC
  support.  About 99% of the time, the solution they gave me has been
  absolutely useless.  Furthermore, because we run provider-1 on sun
solaris
  platform, these checkpoint bastards blames it on Sun solaris and
refused
to help us. We are also a cisco shop and we never have problems with Cisco TAC
  support since we are an MSP.  Cisco TAC engineers are on-site once a
week
  to help us troubleshoot problem and when we have a problem, we can get
them
in less than 5 minutes. Checkpoint has been pushing us to upgrade our current support to
"diamond"
  level.  I am going to tell my management to tell checkpoint to go to
hell. I am going to do my best to convince my management to gradually migrate
  all our existing customers from Nokia/Checkpoint to Pix firewalls.
cisco4ng

email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Photos
 Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your
hands ASAP.

email [EMAIL PROTECTED]