Hi,
  I have not used SmartUpdate for a while because of so many problem that comes
with
  it.  But I suspect the package that you downlaed is not the one that is used
for
  SmartUpdate.  To be sure, download the package again and run:

  tar -xzpf xxxxxxxx.tgz

  if you see a SU directory, then the package can be used in SmartUpdate.
Otherwise,
  it can not be used with SmartUpdate.

  Would it be much easier if you just download the package mannually and run it
there?
  I normally don't trust smartupdate in the first place.

  cisco4ng.

Johan Engdahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I´m running SecurePlatform NG AI R55 HFA-08

Whenever I try to add a package to my SmartUpdate software repository i get the
message "Error: the input file is not a valid package". I wonder what the
problem might depend on or why this error occurs. It´s the same if I try to add
an HFA package from the downloadcenter or just a simple patch from the
downloadcenter

I´ve also tried to download the HFA´s from Checkpoint website and add it
manually to the repository from file, but it´s the same error anyhow.

Please advice.

//Johan

Microsoft Certified Professional / Checkpoint Certified Security Engineer /
Citrix Certified Administrator

Johan Engdahl
Sigma Kommun & Landsting AB
Dockplatsen 1
211 19 Malmö
+46-70-3791089

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.sigma.se

"Om Windows är svaret så förstod du inte frågan"