"Ready" state seems to be a known state with checkpoint. This happens when you do an upgrade on the cluster. The behaviour will make the lowest version member be active and the highest version be in Ready state thereby reducing inadvertent fail over to a gateway under upgrade. The checkpoint upgrade guide gives some details about this operation. Read the cluster upgrade portion of it.

Manual switching may work to a "Ready" member, but I am not sure about session fail over. Refer the guide for more details.

Thanks,
Ramki

Dave Row wrote:
I recently upgraded one node of an NG R55 (SPlat) cluster from HFA06 to
HFA17 (the active node is still HFA06).

The hotfix went well, but the node came up not in active or standby
mode, but "Ready."  What does this mean?  Is the difference in HFAs
causing this?

I would like to force failover to this "Ready" node, but am not sure how
to proceed (I'd like to see the HFA17 node pass traffic properly, before
upgrading the known-good active HFA06 node).

Any pointers/insight out there?  Much appreciated.

- Dave