-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kearley,
Shawn
Sent: Lunes, 05 de Junio de 2006 09:01 a.m.
Subject: [FW-1] Problem with Nokia HA Cluster and Microsoft Cluster

We are running a Nokia HA load balanced cluster, and have just completed the
upgrade to IPSO 3.9 and NGX HFA3 on Nokia IP380s.  We have also recently
completed an upgrade to our web server, and implemented a Microsoft Cluster
for the Web site as well.  Due to a problem with one of our firewall cluster
members prior to our upgrade, we have not actually implemented the Microsoft
Cluster with the Nokia Cluster as of yet.

Our problem is when we attempt to run both the NOKIA Cluster and the
Microsoft cluster together.  With both clusters running, we are able to
successfully communicate with all servers on the DMZ, and failover operates
as expected when  an interface is failed on either cluster member, so it
appears that our Nokia cluster is operating successfully.
However, when we attempt to connect to the Web Site Cluster address we bet
no response, although we are able to communicate to each individual server
at their local address.  If we fail a network on either of the Nokia servers
causing it to be removed from the cluster, communications with the Web Site
cluster address is restored.

The only thing I am able to see appears to be with the ARP table.  When I
monitor the ARP table while the Nokia Cluster is fully active, I see the IP
address listed for the Microsoft Cluster, however it appears that the Nokia
is unable to retrieve a MAC address associated.  The MAC field remains blank
and the timeout is set at about 30.  the timeout resets as it times out, but
the server never receives the appropriate MAC.  As soon as a Nokia cluster
member is removed, the server retrieves the MAC and communications proceeds,
and as soon as the Nokia cluster is restored, the system looses the MAC and
communications fails again.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before that can direct me as to where to look
to implement a fix.

Thanks in advance
Shawn Kearley