We performed the upgrade from R55-HFA16 to NGX R60 HFA3 few weeks ago and its doing fine. Our enforcements are still on R55-HFA16.

Ramki
CCNA, CCSE-NGAI

Brummer, Steven wrote:
Shiroma,
I just recently performed the same upgrade that you're speaking of with
no ill effects.
I upgraded my R55 HFA17 smartcenter server to NGX and was able to push
policy to the gateways and lost no VPN connections. I saw where many of
the connections dropped, but they reconnected with no issues.
I ran into some issues with my Nokia enforcement points however with
trying to perform the zero-downtime upgrade. It's been a little while
since I did the upgrade to remember the specifics, but the biggest thing
that I remember was that I lost the VRRP interfaces which basically gave
me two standalone gateways instead of a two-node clustered gateway. This
caused all the Internet traffic to stop.

I had to reconfigure everything, but I won't recommed to you that it was
a problem with the upgrade. It very well could have been an operator
problem since this was the first time I had performed a upgrade to a
Nokia platform on my own.

Hope this helps, Steve