May be there is some attack going in your network. I had seen such behavior earlier.

Ramki
CCNA, CCSE-NGAI

Mike Smith wrote:
The Checkpoint NGX R60 HFA02 system I support recently exhusted all of the
Concurrent Connections (the checkpoint log eas showing dropped connections). I
increased the value of Maximum concurrent Connections on the Capacity
Optimization property screen of the cluster object definition.  The Calculate
connection hash table size and memory pool option is set to Automatic.

There has been a very hard to explain slowdown during the afternoon.  I have
satisfied myself that the performance problem is within the Firewall.
Memory/processor utilization is less than 25% of the machine.

Are there any options, related to the concurrent connections value, which
should be adjusted or reviewed?