[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
cisco4ng
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:51 AM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: [FW-1] Checkpoint has done it again. What a suprise

According to Checkpoint, when upgrading from let say HFA_17 to HFA_18 in
NG
  AI R55:  "ALL changes made to the INSPECT files (aka, *.def files)
will be overwritten"

  Well, that is NOT entirely true.  I ran a few tests on my provider-1
systems
  and I made a few changes in the user.def file and also some changes in
the base.def
  file.  After upgrading from HFA_17 to HFA_18, changes in the base.def
file was
  overwritten by the new HFA; however changes made to the user.def file
remains the
  the same.  I've tested this several times with the same result.

  Wondering if anyone in this group can confirm?  If this is true, it is
telling me that
  Checkpoint just sucks.  How can they pull some stupid stunt like that?

  cisco4ng