Hi

What is the IP that the secureclient enters when creating the site (when
connecting from the internet)? Is it the statically NAT'd IP of the cluster or
is it the statically NAT'd IP of the firewall interface that connects to your
ISP???

  Regards
  Shiroma

Joel Guillerm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Checkpoint R62, 2 Nokias in a Cluster , SecureClient R56

VPN tunnels can be established from the inside network, but we are unable
to establish it from Internet;
the reason might be that the Firewall is hidden behind a NAT device
(Redware machines) ;

We have tried to code the "Statically NATted IP" option in the Link
selection section of the VPN properties of the Cluster but nothing changed
the UDP NAT Traversal option is also checked; and IKE over TCP has also
been tested (on both sides)
but it seems that we don't even reach this phase since the default 2746
UDP port never appears in Sniffer traces (taken before and after the NAT
device;

NAT traversal is generally used in case the client PC real address is
hidden behind a NAT device before reaching the VPN Firewall,
but here, it is the reverse since the Firewall real address is a private
one and so it is hidden from Internet ;
Is this configuration supported ?

We have the same topology with other types Firewalls and don't have any
problem with NAT
As far as I understand, this NAT traversal option only concerns IPSEC
encapsulation inside UDP layer to allow NAT pass-thru ;
the problem here seems to occur during ISAKMP phase

The scenario, at time of test, is as follows, from the user point of view
:
a) after entering the password on the initial Connect screen and clicking
the Connect button, a "Verify Certificate" popup is displayed : it is the
same kind of screen shown when creating the site itself
b) after clicking OK on this popup, the password is prompted again with
the same kind of screen as the initial Connect screen, with a Cancel = xxx

button and a Connect button;
c) after clicking the Connect button, the screen disappears, and nothing
else is visible for 1 mn ;
d) after that, a "VPN Connection failed" popup appears next to the
SecureClient icon on the Quick Launch part of the screen

There are visble messages about this VPN test in the SmarTracker log, but
none seems an error message

Any help welcomed

thanks in advance