I remember you have to untar the config file generated by migrate and change
some parameter in the config. Then tar the file and import.
Le mail ti raggiungono ovunque con BlackBerry® from Vodafone!

-----Original Message-----
From:         Sergio Alvarez <seral...@gmail.com>
Sender:       Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
<FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM>
Date:         Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:59:35
Subject: Re: [FW-1] standalone to distributed deployment

Remember when you do a migrate export (upgrade_export), you are in fact
getting it from the Management, no matter, there is a gateway on the same
box, from the application stand point, they are separate entities, no
matter, they reside on the same box.

Now, I had to do that stand-alone to distributed change a couple of times
in the past (quite a while ago), but I remember it was not so complicated:

- Export the config to the new Management and when the config comes up in
the Dashbord, just remove all gateway features from the old standalone
object, leave the Management part and use the "convert to host" option
available when doing a right-click on the object. It is possible you might
have to remove the old object from some spots in the config, before it
allows you to convert it to the new separate Management object.

- Once the gateway servers are installed and configured properly, create
the new cluster object establishing SIC and put this object in the required
spots (f.e the install-on column of the rules, VPN communities, etc.) and
finally install policy.

This is a very simplified explanation and you might bump into a few rough
edges, but as I remember it, it was not so hard to figure out how to get
around them and finish the change.

Regards

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM, r locus <rlocus2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a dell PowerEdge running Gaia R75.04 that is a security
> gateway and security management server.   I need to turn this into a
> distributed deployment with security gateway cluster and security
> management server on different computer.  What is the best method to
> do this?  How do I get all my rules and objects setup on the new
> management server without creating all the objects manually?   If I
> use upgrade_import then the gateway is still really setup as gateway
> and management on one server.  Should I use cluster XL?
>

> Thank you,
>
> rlocus

Sergio Alvarez
CISSP | CCSE+