Things have recently turned a lot easier if you choose to go for
appliances, Check Point released a Sizing Tool that even when is not yet
generally available, allows sales contacts to enter variables such as
throughput, number of network interfaces, amount of internal users, servers
to publish and protect, Blades to be enabled, number of ISP links and
available bandwidth on each one of them, etc. And the tool comes up with a
nice report suggesting 2 or 3 appliance models and specifying the space for
growth for each one of them, depending on the given scenario.

Going the open server route, I believe there is nothing like that tool yet
and it is still a matter of experience on the field and comparison between
existing deployments. There is something called Platform Selection Guide on
the Check Point web site, but seems like they don't update the lists very
often, the only parameter mentioned is throughput and is not very exact
about it.

Regards

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM, a bv <vbavbal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nowadays i find some Checkpoints performance reporting scripts from
> checkpoint support site but they run mostly at the versions below R71
> etc which doesnt fit for me.
>
> I wanna ask the list how do you select your next appliance or server
> which will run your Checkpoint firewalls?
>

> Regards

Sergio Alvarez
CISSP | CCSE+