Hi

Just a quick comment:-

I heard a CCSI say that CP's 'official' stance was NOT to use SYN Defender
- because of known problems........ (!) - and only use it when you think
you are being attacked.

Tim Higgins

                    Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    Sent by:                                    To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    kpoint.com                                  Subject:     Re: [FW1]
More SYN Defender Problems

                    13/06/00 16:15

I'm seeing the same thing. My TCP timeout is way up there in thousands of
seconds. The SYN defender timeout is 60 seconds.

Database access between firewall segements fail.

Can SYN defender be turned on for only one interface?

Frank

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Cisco Wave wrote:

> I thought about this too, but it can't explain why it
> is happening for different vendors and different
> systems and different appplications (even plain ftp).

#**********************************************************************
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual
or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use,
copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All
information or opinions expressed in this message and/or
any attachments are those of the author and are not
necessarily those of Hughes Network Systems Limited,
including its European subsidiaries and affiliates. Hughes
Network Systems Limited, including its European
subsidiaries and affiliates accepts no responsibility for loss
or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.