I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you just want to run jolt2 against your own firewall in a lab, then
download it from www.rootshell.com, compile it, and run it. Then you can
get jiggy with the sniffers and IDS's of your choice, figure out what's
happening and why, maybe come up with a useful defense posture.

Note that a useful defense posture will be challenging to reach. Jolt and
its ilk (ICMP fraggers and flooders) are very simple tools. Using them to
take down a machine is the equivalent of using a frying pan to kill bugs.
It's not elegant, but it is effective.

Jack Coates, Rainfinity SE
t: 650-962-5301 m: 650-280-4376