From: Tom Heywoth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 4:40 AM
To: Fw-1-Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: [FW1] Linux (and NT) arp and static NAT problems.

Hi,  I have machines in my DMZ which use static NAT, arp and route. The
problem is the machines cannot gain external connectivity and external
machines cannot access the machines in the DMZ. (I have had the same problem
before when installing FW-1 on an NT machine, the problem seemed to just
disappear?)  If I enter an 'arp' I can see the entries in the arp table, the
same is true of route. The machines have automatic NAT (static), have a rule
allowing all machines access anywhere and anywhere can access the machines
for any service (for testing) and the log viewer reports no denies or drops.
Has anyone had similar problems and if so found a way around it or the
cause? thanks

Tom Heyworth
Technical Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]