Chad

We have been affected by the exact same problem.
Running Version 4 SP4 (Upgrading to SP 4 a short while ago didn't help).

We discovered that the pre-shared secret was removed from any user when we
modified a Group that they are a member of.... that is, if we added or removed
any users to that Group or even just changed the Colour of the Group, the
passwords were erased.

The only way we found around this was to modify the Groups which a User belongs
to via the Users properties and modify the Groups membership via the Group tab
... NOT by modifying the Group itself.
After talking to our reseller we discoverd that this was a known bug and is
supposed to be fixed in SP7 or 4.1 SP1... we are still waiting for the fix in
version 4 and I don't know if it still exists in 4.1.... perhaps someone else
could clarify this.

Hope this helps

Mike

Chad House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 19/06/2000 17:24:04