I don't know if anyone else caught it...

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20000606S0003

Nice little article on Microsoft unveiling Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000,
which provides multilevel firewall protection and Web.

The article provides more detail of course.  The one thing that excited me about it is that I'm a
firm believer in competition.  The more, the better.  Microsoft's product will have Stateful Inspection, as well.

Now, hopefully Microsoft won't follow Checkpoint's lead in customer support... or lack there of, sometimes.  I've been
trying for about four weeks now to get a copy of the CP2000 disc with a thirty day demo license.  We're a partner and
I'm certified.  You'd think they'd want to fire a copy right out... <grin>

Such a deal.

Steven Newman
Norstan Consulting
MCSE/CCSE