Although I was (like you) under the impression that opcode caches couldn't
cache autoloaded classes, I'm more inclined to trust Matthew and Ralph
than a blog post from last December that doesn't have the test suite
available for download.  Five months is a long time in Zend Framework
time; since then, there have been three releases: 1.0.4, 1.5.0, and 1.5.1.

This belief is common among PHP developers, though, so if it isn't the
case I'd like to know about it.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to
Zend's paper on the subject.

-Matt