-- Christoph Dorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 23 July 2008, 01:10 PM -0600):

> > I've thought that myself a number of times; I actually did exactly this
> > when I was developing Cgiapp (a PHP clone of perl's CGI::Application),
> > and it has a bunch of use cases.
> >
> You may want to update "Development is currently in an active phase" on
> your http://cgiapp.sourceforge.net/ page :)

LOL! Yes... I actually plan to abandon the project at this point.

> > However, such a change will not happen until 2.0. I'm marking it in the
> > wiki as a potential improvement.
> >
> Why is that?

Zend_Exception is used _everywhere_. Introducing a change like this then
has ramifications throughout the framework -- not just in terms of
potential changes in handling, but also in terms of performance (adding
exception listeners means more code loaded and executed for exceptions,
which are already expensive).

Basically, it's going to take some time to sort out what effects it has,
and I feel that those efforts would be generally better targetted at 2.0
when we're making large changes already.

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/