Well, I have fields to show/hide on different conditions for example.
Consider show/hide person salary.
If user has entered secret password (this would be the assert) he will
be allowed to see someone's salary else just a link will be presented to
enter secret password. But on other hand if there is not even allow for
this salaray to see I wouldn't even display link to enter secret
pass...it will all be just hidden. Hope it makes more sense now.

I like abstraction too.....just kinda not sure what best approach in my
case is.