Hello everyone,

2 years ago I was pretty sure of the Dojo and jQuery components/integration
into ZF. I have since changed my mind radically. I do maintained the jQuery
component but I would suggest to drop it for 2.0 for the following reasons:

1. It encourages writing no JS code at all, this will bite you in the ass
heavily if you find out that you need to customize the jQuery logic.
2. It does not encourage javascript code re-use (jQuery plugins are the way to
go here)
3. Heavy usage causes technical debt, it becomes impossible to rewrite your app
using proper jquery/javscript code.
4. The PHP code required to write "ZendX JQuery" code is often more than the
jQuery required alone.

Since only people that don't know javascript "benefit" from this extension (in
the short run) I suggest to drop it not to encourage people to run into the
wrong direction by using it (they will thank us later).

I won't attempt to rewrite ZendX jQuery for 2.0 and i understand that this
means it will be dropped automatically. I suggest nobody to take over
maintenance for the previously discussed arguments.

greetings,
Benjamin