That's not exactly how the options work. How it works is if the "id"
parameter is passed in then an integer value is required. It won't fail if
no "id" parameter is passed in.

You may want to add this code after the catch block to make the "id"
argument required:

if (null === $opts->id) {
    echo $opts->getUsageMessage();
    exit;