John Porter wrote:
> Absolutely not.  Amongst C programmers, maybe (:-) but not
> Perl programmers.  Where'd you get that strange idea?

I agree with you; I think it is OK.
I think mis-spelling obfuscated was a dead giveway that
I am new to all this stuff :-). I am not certain, but I
sort of got the impression from:

http://linguist.dartmouth.edu/~rjk/perlgolf/holes.html

that the solutions in this golf tournament, at least,
had to all be on one line, which would disqualify
anyone attempting to embed a newline in a string.

Also, the golf score would perhaps be different on different
platforms (1 for LF on Unix; 2 for CRLF on Windows) which
may cause debate on what is the "true" golf score.

Andrew.