In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        Rick Delaney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> "Keith C. Ivey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I'm surprised no one submitted anything with 0 x10, but I
>> guess those always end up too long.
>
> I tried a bit but the best I came up with was
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -pl
> ($c|=0 x10)++}{$_=$c
>
> for 24 (instead of 21).

or:
#!/usr/bin/perl -p

(18) but it misses the final \n and anyways, this technique fails
in general for the empty file. What you really want is code to
execute before the first loop of -p or -n, e.g. something like

#!/usr/bin/perl -pM0;$\=$[x10
$\++}{

but unfortunately -M doesn't work from the #! line and it still
misses the final \n (it does work without the final \n if used
from the commandline though)