> > IMHO, the volume of golf traffic on fwp warrants the creation of
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I played the first few games of golf, but was too busy to play any of the
TPR holes.  So most of my FWP mail has been deleted sight unseen for the
last month.  If I were subscribed to the perl-golf list (which I would very
much like to do, as I play when I can) a good portion of that mail would
become annoying.  But when I do play I enjoy the minute desconstruction of
holes.

To solve this problem I would propose that [EMAIL PROTECTED] be a list for
announcing new golf tournaments (and perl golf meta discussions).  Then each
tournament could have it's own list, so that if I choose not to play one I
won't get that mail.  But if I choose to play one and want to spend then
next two years dicing the solutions to little bits I could feel free to (as
long as someone else was listening), because anyone who wasn't interested in
those holes anymore could unsubscribe from the list without worring they
would miss a new tournament.

This solution adds some overhead to the players (subscribing/unsubscribing
to lists) and to whoever runs the lists (creating new lists constantly) but
it does make golf traffic much easier to handle.

I guess I can't suggest something so complicated without at least putting
forth some effort towards the solution, so I'll offer to help set up and
maintain these lists if everybody agree's this is a good thing.

josh