* Steven Lembark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-11-20 17:35]:
> > Wasted work. Two comparisons per element and you don't bail
> > once you've filled your available space.
>
> Two comparisons on a short list, at which point the remainder
> of them are a simple comparison to get a () out, which ends
> up as a null operation. And they are separate.

Still one needless comparison and null op where you could
have bailed and done nothing. May I also be so bold as to
suggest that I find this version pretty unclear - I'm quite
sure the for() approach I took breaks the task down in a way
it's instantly obvious what it's doing. And that's what I
always strive for - in this lucky case, it's more efficient
to boot.

--
Regards,
Aristotle