Stephen, you wrote:-
" I have
written a journal review of the Brown volume, which is not yet in print, that will list some of these errors and unreliable assertions (though some of the chapters are helpful), and may write on some of these here, if there's interest"

Well yes Stephen, I for one would be more interested in reasoned arguments than bold assertions of "errors" and "misinterpretations". As you know I came to a broadly similar conclusion to Magen and Peleg without ever having read their article (I have now - last week my local library managed to get the British Library copy on interlibrary loan). The Magen and Peleg chapter is by far the most important (although not without errors) together with that of Rachel Bar-Nathan.

g-Megillot mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mailman.McMaster.CA/mailman/listinfo/g-megillot