The AP article in its current form online does not contain the error. It only appears in Haaretz.

http://paleojudaica.blogspot.com/ 2008_04_27_archive.html#4645028138572881471

Jim Davila

On 1 May 2008, at 9:13 am, Joe Zias wrote:

One of the things that I like so much about the AP here in Jrsm is that senior journalists usually let us check out the article for mistakes like this before it goes out. Here it's obvious someone forgot to ask scholars before it went out and now that it's in the public record, the damage is done. I have a feeling that the misinformation may have come from some gov't PR folks as no scholar dealing with the topic would have permitted such a thing.

Joe Zias

<<Would be interesting to know what the sources of this misinforming AP article are and how it made its way into such a respected newspaper as Haaretz...
Enjoy
Daniel  >

Joe Zias www.joezias.com
Anthropology/Paleopathology

Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel

-----
Dr. Jim Davila
Head of the School of Divinity
Reader in Early Jewish Studies
St. Mary's College
University of St. Andrews
St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9JU
United Kingdom
Tel.:  +44 1334 462834
Fax.:  +44 1334 462852
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_sd/jrd4.html
http://paleojudaica.blogspot.com
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532