Diane and others:

The reason for this change in policy, which took place a few years
back, was a few bad apples.

Although the IP address from which an email is sent gives us a good
idea of roughly where the message was sent from, it's note precise
enough to determine exactly which city, town, township, county,
village, etc. a person resides in if we need to contact the local
police/sheriff to report fraud.

If you're not willing to share your name and location, there are other
places to post your items, but to protect members of LEM Swap, we
require this information.

Dan Knight, list owner/publisher of Low End Mac