On Nov 3, 2008, at 4:41 PM, insightinmind wrote:

> Legal copies are around ... try the LEM Swap List from time to time,
> too.

I obtained a legal copy of 10.3 Server off of LEM Swap ... unlimited
clients, and reasonably priced.

A legal copy ("copy" really isn't the correct  term, perhaps
"instance" is more correct) would contain at least: 1) the original
retail CD-ROMs or DVD, 2) the installation manual, and 3) the "peel
off" serial number tabs, one for the manual, one for whatever and one
for your archives.

(Although we all know it is against Apple's EULA to install MacOS X
on a machine for which it is not intended, most know it is possible
to circumvent these controls. This circumvention would certainly
include modification of an installation CD or DVD which was intended
for a specific model, and no others, to become a generic install
media (it's possible, Apple's controls in this specific respect have
already been cracked), but also modification of such media which was
intended for an Apple platform to include a generic platform).