On Nov 20, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Dan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ya'll ever heard of these guys - good bad ?
>
> <http://www.stellarinfo.com/mac-data-recovery.htm>

I have never heard of them before, and I'm a little wary of someopne
proudly proclaiming that Tucows really like them!! (unless Tucows has
REALLY cleaned up their reccomendations...it used to be anyone who
paid for placement got 5 cows. You could offer a piece of software
that simply immediately crashed your computer, and they'd give it 5
cows.)

I'd download their software and try a recovery on a sacrificial system
disconnected from the Internet. It's a bit pricey, but if it works
well it's a good tool for the toolbox.

They may be very good, but personally, if I'm paying my money, Drive
Savers will get my business.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona