On Nov 26, 12:38 pm, Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> FIles opend during a Kernel Panic
> may be messed up, but there's nothing you can do for those.

Perhaps my Logs that gave me a kp (when I tried to look at them with
Apple System Profiler) after the kp during Startup, were corrupted by
the Startup kp (caused by the bad RAM)?

That's the kind of maintenance OnyX might help with ... just wondered
if other things might be need to be considered.

> Keep an eye on your system, but if it runs without errors, you're
> generally fine.

Will do.

Also in the QS, I had recently replaced a DVD RW Pioneer A106
(guessing at model) with another identical less used one I had in an
external case, since it was appearing to read sometimes and not at
other times. Could that have been other evil effects of the bad RAM?
I'll test the removed one in my Yikes. Could use the RW capability ...
current one is R only.

> > Hints on recovery from bad ram?
>
> Replace it with a great sigh of relief and a good beer, if you're so
> inclined :-)

Usually, these days of one day at a time, an oatmeal cookie and cup of
coffee will do me good ... thanks.