Dan wrote:

> At 5:01 AM -0500 12/4/2008, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
>
>>Motorola is pretty much out of the picture for CPUs and IBM? Haven't
>>heard of them making CPUs since the G5 passed on.
>

> What Peter said.
>
> Plus... Don't forget IBM's Power processors.  The current batch from
> IBM are very nice, and in many environments they run circles around
> the stuff from Intel.  PowerPC is a subset of the Power architecture.
>
> - Dan.

It's a shame that IBM was not up to the task of delivering low power
Power PC chips for laptops. But this is nothing new, IBM failed to adapt
their (PS 2) OS to the Power PC maintaining compatibility with earlier
versions of the OS on Intel processors.

To me, I would have favored an alliance with AMD rather than Intel.
Apple could have become part owner etc.

Oh well, I'm just an old man, nobody listens to me!

<G>

JT