My Reply follows quote. On 12/12/2008 11:43 ildonpepp...@yahoo.com said:

>Greetings:
>I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been
>beaten to death! I'm looking to move from a PC to a Macbook, but have
>no experience othr than on a PC, which I'm not really good at anyway.
>I'd like to get into basic family photo/movie stuff on the computer,
>and I use it a bit for reports for work, e-mail and general internet
>surfing, etc. Not into any heavy duty programs, games or the like. I
>am sick and tired of the crap I have to put up with on Windows based
>PC's, always shutting down, error messages, re-boots, tons of spam and
>viruses, and all the other garbage that goes with that set up.
>
>Will moving to a Mac eliminate any/all of those issues? Pros-cons?
>Seriously, I'm so frustrated I'm about to toss my whole system into
>the Bay!
>
>Thanks in advance for any help/info you may provide. And once again,
>sorry if I've asked a question you experts have heard over and over. I
>just didn't know where to turn...
---------------
Toss it. Don't look back.

The Mac really can't do much about SPAM, as that is sort of like
the billboards of the 50s. Until there is a way to hunt down the
spammers and mash them with a large hammer, they will be around.

Virtually no viruses with the Mac. A few have shown up but are
readily blocked by secruity updates and reasonable "Safe Surfing."

Using the Mac will be virtuall hassle free compared to using the
software you have used in the past. You can forget "all the other
garbage that goes with that set up" that causes you pain.

That's my take.

Ken

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7gt1w/stackomacs