On Dec 22, 2008, at 9:08 PM, Vic wrote:

> Ditto on Epson - I've thrown away two of them that each worked for a
> little while, but my 10-year-old HP still works as well as it ever
> did...

Parts for all Canon lasers are widely available.

The mechanical design is so good most can achieve 1,000,000
impressions (less for personal lasers, of course).

I still have LaserWriters made in 1984 which are still operational.

The Canon toner cassette system is foolproof, and refills are widely
available.

Brother is second in my book on the score of consumables, mainly
because the OPC drum is a separate component.

But, a positive for Brother is its extended range cassettes.

Both of my production lasers are Brothers which use the 550/580 toner
cassette, refurbs of which are widely available for as little as $19.99.

My LaserWriters remain available for the few times when I need
absolute PostScript compatibility.