On Jan 1, 2009, at 12:07 AM, Jack Countryman wrote:

> Or do the install with the cd online, then swap something in its place
> later.  Out of the four drives possible that way how many need to have
> different boot systems on them?  If the drive substituted for the
> cd is to
> be a data drive, it could be put online last and formatted etc. if
> needed
> then?

Not certain that I follow your thinking here!!!
Sounds sorta 'WIntel'

One of the beauties of Apple's partitioning/file system, is that any
hard disk can have from 1 to many partitions.
ANY of the partitions (on ANY of the hard disks) may be THE bootable
system. AND any or all of the other partitions may also be bootable.

HTH

Chuck D.