Powerbook G4 Aluminum 1.25 ghz running 10.4.11.  This is my back up computer
whilst my MacBook Pro is being repaired. I'm 600 miles from my install
disks.

The presenting problem is when I launch "System Preferences" and then
"Network(network.prefpane)"
immediately upon the window opening I get an alert window stating that
"another application has changed your settings"  I dismiss the alert and it
immediately reappears--over and over and over.  I can't edit the
configurations.

If anyone has an immediate answer jump on in --especially if I need to look
at or disable another file. Otherwise here is what I've done and at the
bottom is what I think I need.

Right after the last security update or directory rebuild(?) my Internet
Connect.app went "generic icon" and no longer launched.  I substituted
Internet Connect version 1.4.3  in a "previous system" quarentine folder. It
launched and works: I can access the net but not change settings.  I also
tried to replace the network.prefpane  from 10.5 but no improvement.

I am on the road and only have my 10.5 disks.  I don't know how to verify
the versions I should have under 10.4.11
The verisons I have now
Internet Connect 1.4.3
Network.prefpane 1.7

Can someone verify what version I should have for these files for 10.4:
Applications/ Internet Connect and System/Library/Preferencepanes/
Network.prefpane.  If I don't have the correct ones ,any kind soul willing
to upload them to me via email?
I am on digest mode so including my email will speed things up.

Thanks in advance!
Eman