From: Charles Davis <c...@gamewood.net>
Subject: Re: Need advice on hard disk space on G4
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 4:57 PM

On Jan 15, 2009, at 2:13 PM, icansw...@aol.com wrote:

> I just upgraded my G4 450mhz to Tiger.  Now I'm running out of hard
> disk space.....I only have 3GB left.  I'm a Graphic Designer with
> Adobe programs.  Any suggestions on how to get more disk space?
> Maybe internal or external drive or some other type of storage?
>
> Thanks in advance
> paula

Ouch ----
Immediately if not sooner, look over the contents of 'Trash', remove
the 'goodies' that you really don't want to disappear, and
"Empty
Trash".

Hopefully you still have enough 'headroom' for the 'Empty
Trash'
program to run successfully.

That should retrieve  a significant bit of space, enough to give you
time to cure your HD deficit.

If 'Empty Trash' won't run, STOP trying to run that system till you

get an External Firewire drive that you can boot from.

HTH, Chuck D.