>Better yet, get some Dupont Non-Lithium Silicon spray (Lowes) which is
>the same thing as WD40 w/o the messy lithium.  It simply disipates but
>leaves a teflon coating to protect.  It's great for cleaning monitors
>for $4.00.

That's odd. I have never noticed any messy lithium in WD-40. The
WD-40 just evaporated from my GigE with no residue. And I have used
it for years , since 1953, as a screw loosener and minor lubricator
without any mess.

Read: <http://www.wd-40.com/faqs/#q7>

The can says: "Contains Petroleum Distillates'

ErnieG