Jeff...

On Jan 19, 2009, at 7:13 AM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

> Are you running tiger on the sawtooth and DA? and if not, how did you
> get leopard to install? what's your experience so far with it. Thank
> you. Jeff
>
> Jeff Engle
> Kamiah, Idaho 83536

I'm running Leopard on both. The Sawtooth has a third-party 1.6 GHz
CPU so there were no problems installing 10.5. The DA is a 733 and
below the 867 cutoff, but I found a firmware tweak to fool the
installer into believing the 733 is really an 867:
http://lowendmac.com/osx/leopard/openfirmware.html

The DA was never one of my main machines... ranks at the bottom of my
active macs. Mostly I use it for network storage and crunching
s...@home work-units. Still, when I use it directly for something, via
screen sharing, the performance is adequate.

Amanda

Active Macs
iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz
Sawtooth G4, 1.6 GHz
Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz
Digital Audio G4, 733 MHz
==
Occasional Macs
Gigabit Ethernet Dual G4, 450 MHz
B&W G3, G4/450 MHz CPU
iMac G3, 333 MHz
Powerbook G3, 266MHz

... and a couple o' halfway decent peecees.