At 6:17 PM -0500 2/5/2009, Steve R wrote:
>Is there a way to have an irc:// url automatically open in a
>dedicated IRC app, Snak specifically?
>I've installed RCDefaultApp preference pane, verified irc:// should
>open in Snak but continuing on the link opens in Safari.
>Right-Click/Option-Click isn't giving me a dropdown menu to open in a
>different app.

Yer on the right track, I think.  In the defaults prefs, check the
App pane - make sure irc: is enabled for that app, then do the URLs
pane.

FWIW, in Tiger on my Smurf, I'm finding it works sometimes - but not
reliably.  It's not enough that the system recognize the url and
throw it to the right app; the app has to have the necessaries to
catch it.  Ircle does better than Snak, but both seem to have
problems.

- Dan (Darmok_ on Freenode).
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth