I assume your camera has a webserver in it; check the manual and also
check how to log into the camera from your browser. You'd have to give
your friend your external IP. Great cameras will give your both the
internal and external IP addresses. Give your friend the external one
and have them connect. Check your router to make sure the port on which
the camera runs the server is open. You can see the port, hopefully, on
the camera's manual.

What's the make and model of your camera?

Goodluck!