On Mar 11, 2009, at 4:08 PM, jonas ulrich wrote:

> I am looking to upgrade my numerous existing powermac g4s and g3s
> with one good powermac. I want dual processors. I have looked at
> the quicksilvers and the MDD's. What would be the best one for my
> money. I will be running mac os 10.4 server.

Most economical would be the DA or QS.

Both are amenable to the LBA48 property addition to the ROM, thereby
giving both the capability of the QS 2002 and later G4 Macs.

I would recommend the dual 1.0 GHz from the QS 2002 over the dual 800
MHz from the QS 2001.

The DA (any variant) and the QS 2001 and QS 2002 are 133 MHz bus
machines, with four spare PCI slots in addition to the standard AGP
video slot, and 1.5 GB RAM, maximum.

These are very inexpensive, and are maximally trouble-free.

If you must install a non-Apple CPU, the Giga-Designs and OWC are the
same, and are available in singles and, occasionally, in duals.

http://groups.google.com/group/hq-a <+> A home for the Hackintosh
community.

To subscribe to the HQ-A group, send email to hq-a
+subscr...@googlegroups.com