At 1:08 PM -0700 3/27/2009, Dana Collins wrote:
>Thanks for the reply. "PM" means...?

Power Mac.

>>>Actiontec MI424 Rev C

>Any suggestions on how one checks these router settings?

In the Wireless Settings pane of the router.  Moot, really since you
say you have an iBook that connects ok.

>I did a manual setting input, emulating a successful hard-wired IP
>setting copied from a G5 tower; its IP settings started with
>192.xxx.x.x with a (I presume stock) subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
>and a router address of 192.xxx.x.1 - I was unsuccessful, and even
>TCP/IP balked at it.

The details count; "xxx.x" means little.  And it's those numbers
being wrong that would prevent a manually address client computer
from talking to the router.

To know what IPs are valid, we have to look at the DHCP Server
settings in your Actiontec router.  Advanced > IP Address
Distribution > Network (Home/Office).  Tell us all the numbers
therein.  Or better - take a screen snap and send me that.

Likewise show me the TCP/IP control panel on your Mac.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth