MnDel wrote:

>> Dan wrote:
>>> For a few months now Firefox will freeze after about 5 or 10 tabs
>>> are up ( it's not consistent) .
>> What vers of Firefox?
>> What add-ons?
>> Have you tried clearing its cache?
>
> version 3.0.8
> Adblock Plus 1.0.1
> I hadn't been clearing cache, so I found a place under prefs/privacy
> to get cache cleared after every shut down.
> Secondly, it typically takes 30 to 90 seconds for the 'pinwheel to
> stop' whenever I simply add an empty folder to bookmarks - that makes
> me think it is not related to cache or add-ons.
> Does this tidbit change the prognosis?
> Next time Firefox freezes will examine Console to see if I can
> translate something, but it's not a language I understand.
> thanks, Del

How many bookmarks do you have? Are they in folders?

I just switched over from Safari 3.2.1 to Firefox 3.0.7
because Safari would continually crash. I'm pretty lazy
about my thousands of bookmarks, and I notice Firefox
is far slower to open them.

One other thing that slows it way down is all the little
bookmark icons, whatever they are called. Loading those
slows it down too, maybe there is a corrupted one?

On a PC, you're supposed to export your bookmarks and
settings and create a new profile. This often solves
problems in Windoze Firefox, I'm not sure if it applies
to Mac Firefox.

Hope this helps,
  Stephen