Stephen writes,

<Shoot, got here a bit late. Strange, we live in Alaska time here in
Alaska and I just got off work!

The best way to do this is to do a clean install of Thunderbird on the
new machine, start it up, let it create a default profile, then quit and
copy everything inside of the profile from the old machine to inside of
the profile on the new machine, replacing everything inside of the profile.

Once in a great while the Tbird app gets mucked up on the old machine
and you may not know it, so it's always better to start off fresh.

There. Let the flame war begin (donning flame proof clothes and heading
out to the barbecue!)>

Ehhh, I won't start any flame wars with you. As it happens -- even
though I hadn't seen your email yet -- what you suggested is exactly
what I did. I didn't have Tbird ON the iBook yet, so, after "cleaning
up" my new Tbird mail database on the G4 with the full version of
Emailchemy, I copied Tbird's installation disk image, as well as the
~users/Library/Thunderbird like Bruce suggested onto the flash drive,
and moved the whole thing into the iBook -- where I installed Tbird,
booted it, shut it down and copied in that folder to ~users/Library in
the iBook. Then I rebooted Tbird, checked my folders and...

BEEYOUTEEFUL! Er, at least if I have to reference any emails while on
the iBook -- all of it made the transition. I haven't had opportunity to
test it online for send/receive email yet. I will probably do that
tomorrow. But I don't expect problems, I mean, Tbird is picking up and
sending my emails on the G4, as you can see!

I'm still in the 'adjustment' phase with TBird -- I don't regret the
decision but after 13 solid years of using Claris Emailer, change is
definitely noticeable. I'm sure it'll only take me a week or two for my
brain, which you all know is shielded by a solid neutronium skull, to
fully kick into it. And in some respects, I'm actually enjoying the
newness! I liken my new Tbird experience to when I first got OS X, only
on a smaller scale since it's just an emailer, not a new operating
system -- I'm finding things some things I like better, finding other
things a pain in the neck, but the overall result is that I like it.

Oh, a barbecue? Please pass me the spare ribs! :-)

~Yersinia.