Seeking a reliable web resource or resources to become knowledgeable
in choosing a color critical Monitor for myself. My google searches
looking for websites or webpages were ludicrously scatter shot and
mostly 'forum' posts dating back as much as multiple years and no way
to differentiate from the 'knowledgeable', the opinionated, the
flamer, the fan-boy, or the statistically irrelevant person screaming
far and wide over some defective unit they encountered.

I'm 'provisionally' settled on the "DELL ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch
Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor" which is a cnet award winner and highly
reviewed there. The link to dell is "http://accessories.us.dell.com/
sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?
c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-6272". I'

The current Apple displays are permanently non-options due to glossy
screens. I've also seen them described as wonderful and pathetic for
critical color in the exact same web forum!

I don't know where to go to become an "Informed Consumer" as I shop
for a display.

My budget for a monitor is open to spending 5, 6, or 7 hundred bucks
on a terrific display.

Richard

Richard