At 10:37 PM -0700 6/12/2009, Ernest L. Gunerius wrote:

[HTML removed]

>Take a look at:
><http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/05/23/1747241/>

Cache spew isn't relevant to changing the Loading indicator.

This cache mess bugs me.  I don't understand why Apple would violate
their own guidelines, by hiding data outside the user's account, then
failing to garbage collect it properly.

>disabling Top Sites.
>14 Tips for Safari 4 Beta ;
><http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/12-tips-for-safari-4-beta.html>
>
><http://www.thrica.com/archives/352>

The beta preferences have been removed from the released Safari 4.

I've seen one suggestion of extracting the final beta Safari app from
its installer, and using it on top of the rest of the release.  Been
there, tried that, got the crashes.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth