Hi there,

I have a Powermac G4 MDD, with dual 1.42 processors, that I have been
using for the past three years. A couple of weeks ago, when I shut the
machine down, right before it went off altogether,but after the hard
drive parked, I heard a distinct two beat (and beep) melody coming
from inside the case, as opposed to the speaker. At the time, I
brushed it aside as some sort of fluke.

But, last night, my Powermac called out again. The entire event lasts
less than a second and consists of a high tone, followed by a lower
tone. If anybody's familiar with the old Milton Bradley handheld
baseball game the tones coming from my Mac are almost exactly the same
as the tones one gets when a third out is attained - just a quick Bee-
boop.

Is there a significance to these tones? If so, what do they mean? Is
my Mac trying to warn me of it's demise? Any help with this would be
most appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Malcolm