On Jul 24, 6:35 pm, Allan Castleberry <arcastlebe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to hook up my Gigabit G4, to my Magnavox lcd hdtv, with a DVI to
> HDMI cable. So far, radeon 7000 and radeon 9000 aren't working. Any
> suggestions?
> --
> Allan Castleberry

Allan,
I think the problem is that there are 2 DVI standards, DVI-A (found on
older kit), and DVI-D (the newer standard)
As HDMI is a digital standard, I think that it will only work with DVI-
D as the earlier DVI-A standard is analog rather than digital.
However many cards are DVI-I (integrated digital & analog) these may
or may not work.
Wikipedia has a good article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Compatibility_with_DVI
That  may help point you in the right direction.
Ben.