On Aug 3, 4:42 pm, ll <mlitwin3...@att.net> wrote:

>     I would like to get at least a 60 hd or 80 if the machine will
> take it and costs will allow.I understand I will have to purchase the
> os before I finish the upgrade.It will take a while to get this for a
> reasonable price.I have leopard 10.7 on the machine.It came with that.

You do not need to buy the black Leopard DVD for what you want to do
right now.  But you need it for two reasons, to install a fresh copy
if you run into problems later and to have a legal license of the
machine.

>      Do I need to get the os dvds before I have the 933  processor put
> in?If I have the 933 processor put in,will it be easier to fool the
> machine to reinstall leopard when I increase the hard drive?

With the faster processor, you do not need to "fool" the machine.  The
DVD will work fine.

Al Poulin