>At 7:43 PM -0400 9/7/2009, Len Gerstel wrote:
>>On Sep 7, 2009, at 7:09 PM, dorayme wrote:
>>   > How do you find out on Google, if you don't have inside knowledge,
>>>   why some models were called "smurfs"?
>>
>>This is a good example of what we need to make sure we are teaching
>>the next generation of students, how to search, combine ideas and what
>>to look for.
>
>OTOH it's maybe it should be hard to find, and left as an exercise
>for the searcher.  After all, a girl has to keep some mystery about
>her.
>
>- Dan.
>--
>- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

A search with Clusty using "Mac model smurf" has the first three hits
the Mac G3.
Point the search to "Mac" first then "model" then "smurf". At least
it seems to work this way. I would imagine the same results would be
returned but farther down the return list with a different order of
the search terms.

I don't use Google anymore or I would check using it.

Please correct me as my assumptions are usually in error. :-[

Enjoy,

ErnieG